Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Primarily Job Responsibilities:
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the BFS business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Analyzing complex system behavior from multiple sources, performance, and application monitoring data. Deliver insights into signup & payment conversion and landing page performance by geography and product segment
- Analyze channel performance, design and execute experiments, research, financial models and other mechanisms to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities
- Works to improve the day-to-day activities of the analytics team with technology and automation
- Perform highly analytical deep-dives to identify root cause and mitigation opportunities or specific actions to add value
Qualifications, Skills and Behaviors:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in business / marketing / product analytics role
- Graduate with a technical / quantitative degree from a top-tier institution. Degrees in Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics are preferred
- Demonstrates experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers.
- 3-5 years experience with SQL or other software engineering languages (Python, C++, Java) is required
- Has prior experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Site Catalyst), statistical packages (SAS, R), and visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau)
- Experience in marketing analytics / digital marketing is preferred
- Passionate about solving problems with data and telling the story
- Demonstrates ability to translate business questions into structured analysis and data analytics into business insights
- Strategic thinking and mental flexibility to be able to understand both the details of the problem, as well as, the big picture/business solution.
- Prefers data-driven decisions and highly results-oriented
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing is a big plus