61 What are the different types of Logs and what are the log fields?
There are two different types of Logs –
- Default logs
- Execution start
- Execution end
- Transaction start
- Transaction end
- Error log
- Debugging log
- User defined logs
The log fields are – Message, Level, Timestamp, FileName, jobid, processName, processVersion, windowsIdentity, robotName.
62 How is a chatbot different from robotic process automation?
The difference between a chatbot and an RPA engine is similar to a difference between a mouse and a mammoth. By the names,
ChatBot – A bot programmed to chat with a user (human) like a human. Possibly to recommend a pre-learned resolution to a particular problem that user faces or to take a request and instruct backend systems to provision a request.
RPA (Robotic Process Automation) – A bot programmed to automate a manual business process of executing a task or an activity within a business function. A business function can be like HR/Finance/Procurement etc. A chatbot can be a medium to feed an input into an RPA engine but cannot replicate the features of an RPA engine.
63 What are the benefits of using RPA?
Benefits of using RPA
- It Saves Cost: Since it can automate almost all manual and repetitive tasks, you can reduce the size of your workforce and hence reduce costs.
- More Accurate in Lesser Time: To err is human, but computers or machines don’t commit any mistakes, they do exactly as they are told and hence are more accurate.
- Easy to Implement and learn: Like earlier stated, there is no coding required. Any automation can be created using a simple drag and drop.
- No Coding Required!: RPA can be implemented to automate any repetitive process which is done on a computer. This process can be related to any desktop tool or web application, if the process is repetitive it can be automated, that too with minimum coding required.
64 What are the characteristics of RPA?
Code Free: RPA doesn’t require programming skills. Employees with any subject expertise can be trained to automate RPA tools instantly. The whole work revolves around RPA chart which provides a flowchart designer to graphically link, drag and drop icons to represent steps in a process.
User-Friendly: RPA adoption originates within business operations rather inside IT departments. RPA projects require less IT skills and less investment. Eventually, the automation is lowered at a substantial rate.
Non- Disruptive: RPA avoids complexity and risk. The software robots access to end user’s systems via a controlled user interface, hence reducing the necessity of underlying systems programming.
65 What are the important Phases of RPA Life Cycle?
Phases of RPA Life Cycle:
Analysis: The first phase in RPA begins with analysis. Business team and RPA Architect work together to understand a business process for RPA development.
Bot Development: RPA developer (Team) starts working on the requirement in their environment possibly a distinct development environment.
Testing: Some companies conduct Testing by Separate Testing Team, while some have a dedicated testing team which performs a dedicated QA like normal SDLC flow. Best Practice is to have a dedicated testing team which performs QA of a developed bot.
Deployment and Maintenance: After the Development and Testing phases, a bot is ready for distribution and enters maintenance phase.
This question is frequently asked in RPA interviews. You should know the RPA Life Cycle.
66 What is the difference between traditional / IT automation and RPA?
- Traditional IT Automation is long drawn and requires considerable manpower, time, effort and substantial cost.
- RPA is a quick fix to instantly generate improvements.
- Both traditional automation and RPA need solid strategy and planning but the implementation of RPA is quick.
- While both are aimed towards the common goal of Automation, RPA is faster, better and cheaper than traditional automation. Therefore Traditional Automation is a strategic move and RPA is a tactical move.
- In short, if you have the luxury of having time and budget, look for traditional automation. If you have business pressures right now on time and money, go for RPA
67 How long does it take to establish the Operational Agility framework?
The average time to establish the initial Operational Agility framework is between 4 and 12 weeks from project initiation.
68 What is the difference between UiPath and Selenium?
Selenium is specifically designed to test web applications and websites, it is impossible in selenium to interact with multiple applications and taking the output of one application as an input for other application. It cannot work with Virtual environments like Citrix etc at all. While UiPath is an RPA tool which is designed to automate any type of existing software process to replace any type of activities that can be performed by a human. So we can say that RPA is the next level of existing automation tools. It allows people to build a very complex rules-based process with very little software development skills. You can do all things using UIiPath which can be done by Selenium but vice-versa is not possible. You can also look at my below articles for more details on these tools.
69 What are the general requirements of RPA for front and back office processing?
Well, the fact is RPA is well-known for its flexibility and it is capable to meet the robust IT standards without compromising the security. It is possible to use the robotic software for front and back office. Most of the requirements are same for both and thus users need not worry. The same configuration can easily be deployed and the results that can be derived are always superior in every aspect.
70 During the planning phase of automation, what points are to be considered on priority?
After selecting the tool which is the first task, next big thing that matters a lot is selecting the right framework. There are various items that are tagged as In scope and Out Scope that need to be selected based on the type of task. After this, the test environment is to be considered. If required, users need to prepare the charts of project timelines. At the same time, identification of deliverables is another major factor that is to be considered.